Introduction and General Terms
- How PelicanCorp will use your contact details?
- When PelicanCorp may use your details to contact you;
- When PelicanCorp will disclose your details to anyone else;
As set out above, PelicanCorp is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information. The websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
How PelicanCorp will use your contact details?
PelicanCorp will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:-
- For "service administration purposes", which means that PelicanCorp may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 3 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- To contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide.
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and to analyse and improve the services offered through our web sites, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where PelicanCorp proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
When may PelicanCorp use your contact details to contact you?
PelicanCorp may contact you:-
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that the PelicanCorp can deliver the services to you;
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about PelicanCorp’s services (participation is always voluntary); and
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 4 below).
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
PelicanCorp will use your details to notify you about:-
- Special promotions
PelicanCorp will not contact you for any other marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
Will PelicanCorp share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within your registered service.
Offensive or inappropriate content on our websites.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to PelicanCorp websites, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on these websites, PelicanCorp may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where PelicanCorp reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of the territory you operate from (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), PelicanCorp may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
How long will PelicanCorp keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with PelicanCorp. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a user, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.